A career at Meridian OneCap has rewards beyond a salary and engaging work. We’re committed to helping you build the career you want, with a flexible work environment, excellent rewards, and many opportunities to give back to the community. Here’s a sneak peek at the benefits of working with Meridian OneCap:
There’s a place for you at Meridian OneCap
Are you just starting your career? Already quite experienced in the asset-based financing industry? We welcome everyone at Meridian OneCap. We’re looking for team members who are:
- Passionate about excellent service and exceeding client expectations
- Interested in continued learning and development
- Committed to inclusion, communication, and collaboration - whether it’s working remotely or in an office
- Hard working and seeking opportunities to drive growth and change – we would love to talk to
Diverse roles available
Build the career you want, with people who want to help you grow and succeed. Meridian OneCap offers opportunities across a range of disciplines – customer service, sales support, technology, business development, accounting, marketing, credit adjudication, the list goes on and on.
Culture and benefits at Meridian OneCap
What do you get from working at Meridian OneCap? Here’s a breakdown of how our culture and benefits create a positive work experience.
Pay, time off, and benefits
- We offer a competitive compensation base and annual bonus.
- We are a Certified Living Wage Employer.
- All full-time employees start with 15 vacation days, 5 flex days, plus you have the option to purchase 5 additional vacations days.
- We support your well-being with paid sick days, generous mental health support and resources for you and your family, an employee assistance program, and short- and long-term disability.
- Financial benefits include a group RRSP, pension contributions, discounted lending including loans and mortgages, Visa card services, and no-fee banking.
Remote work options
- We make it easy to work remotely.
- We don’t require that you spend a specific number of days in the office. That said, the doors at our Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal offices are always open and you’re welcome to work from there.
- We provide all hybrid and home office team members with an annual allowance to help equip their workspace.
Diversity and inclusion
- Our workplace is one where differences are welcomed and where integrity, honesty, respect and openness are all encouraged. A place where everyone has a voice and where everyone is heard.
- We have employee resource groups to drive initiatives dedicated to diversity and inclusion.
- We engage in diverse perspectives and cultural celebrations.
Commitment to Communities program
- We have a long tradition of contributing to communities where we work and live, which benefits the health of the community for our customers and employees.
- We encourage employees to support their communities, and we match employee donations (up to $1,500 a year) through Meridian’s Commitment to Communities program.
Career growth at Meridian OneCap
Taking a job at Meridian OneCap is one step on your career path. We support all of our employees in the journey to learn, grow, and advance their careers.
- Take advantage of tuition reimbursement (up to $2,000 annually) and expand your opportunities.
- Access curated learning and development resources.
- Enjoy membership with the Canadian Finance & Leasing Association.
- We reimburse professional memberships and help employees develop individualized development plans.
- Our leaders make a point to talk to everyone in the organization, not only to communicate their thoughts and goals, but also to hear what all employees have to say.
- We offer mentoring by industry-leading talent.
- We are always open to change – innovative ideas and input are always welcome.
Environmental impact and initiatives at Meridian OneCap
It just feels better to work for an organization dedicated to making a positive impact on the world. At Meridian OneCap, we know that the businesses we work with have the potential to make a significant environmental impact. We’re committed to making sure that impact is positive.
Our current initiatives
- We are expanding our presence in the LED retrofit area, with relationships that focus on condo/strata and manufacturing customers.
- We are launching a repair program, creating a circular economy that conserves resources by extending the lifespan of existing assets.
- We’re working on major transactions in the recycling space.
Your impact and opportunities
- Open a lease, plant a tree. We’ve partnered with Trees Canada to plant a new tree for every lease opened with us.
- Take advantage of opportunities to learn more about the environmental impacts of businesses - for example, our Major Accounts team is attending the ACT EXPO (alternate energy) to network with manufacturers and dealers.
- Get involved with one of our recent partners – Juno Financial, one of Canada’s first green energy focused lenders with a focus on EV charging station infrastructure, high efficiency lighting fixtures, Combined Heat and Power units (CHP), and rooftop solar installations.
- Join the team on shoreline cleanups and other employee-led initiatives.